THTR 2380: Costume Design
Studio - 4 credits
- Introduces the fundamentals of costume design and the artistic roles and responsibilities of a costume designer.
- Working on classical and contemporary texts, students examine the creative steps of the design process, including script analysis, character development, research, and collaboration.
- Through lectures, discussions, and projects, students create a design concept and communicate it through language and images.
- Includes experience with drawing and other costume rendering techniques such as painting, collage, and Photoshop.
- Does not require prior art or design experience.
Introduces the fundamentals of costume design and the artistic roles and responsibilities of a costume designer. Show more.