Speech-Lang Path & Audiology
SLPA 6307: Voice Disorders
Lecture - 3 credits
- Examines voice disorders, which are prevalent across the life span in both professional and lay voice users.
- Evaluation and treatment of organic and/or functional vocal pathologies are key focuses of speech-language pathologists across clinical settings (educational and medical).
- Provides students with the information base needed to work with these interesting and rewarding populations.
- Emphasis is on anatomy and physiology of normal and impaired voice production, instrumental and noninstrumental assessment, and treatment techniques for remediation.
- Emphasizes prevention, outcome, and efficacy considerations.
Examines voice disorders, which are prevalent across the life span in both professional and lay voice users. Show more.