Supply Chain Management
SCHM 6214: Sourcing and Procurement
Lecture - 3 credits
- Addresses the strategic and operational role of sourcing and procurement and its impact on the supply chain as it relates to the entire organization.
- The selection, contracting, development, and monitoring/managing of the right supplier in the right location is more often a source of competitive advantage and a major contributor to a company's bottom line.
- Focuses on a variety of aspects of this function—strategy development, organization, procedures, supplier selection, negotiations, buyer-supplier relationship management, quantity, quality, timeliness, and cost/price considerations for the purchase of goods and services.
- Emphasizes the perspective of the sourcing and procurement manager.
- The key questions addressed in this course are: What does the manager need to know to be effective?
- How do they apply key concepts?
Addresses the strategic and operational role of sourcing and procurement and its impact on the supply chain as it relates to the entire organization. Show more.