PT 5500: Pharmacology for Physical Therapy
Lecture - 2 credits
- Offers a clinically oriented course covering knowledge of clinical pharmacology in the physical therapy profession.
- Discusses prescription and over-the-counter drugs and common herbal supplements.
- Drug classification, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, mechanism of action, drug interactions, and common side effects are brought into the clinical perspective of patient management.
- Explores recognition of expected drug effects, side effects, idiosyncratic reactions, and signs of abuse or nonadherence.
- Along with PT 5140, emphasizes the therapist’s proper incorporation of pharmacotherapeutic knowledge into patient assessment, differential diagnosis, and design of treatment regimens.
Offers a clinically oriented course covering knowledge of clinical pharmacology in the physical therapy profession. Show more.