PSYC 2370: Cross-Cultural Psychology
Lecture - 4 credits
- Introduces students to the role of culture in psychological science.
- Discusses the relationship of culture to psychological theories and research.
- Investigates psychological research in WEIRD (western, educated, industrialized, rich, democratic) populations compared to those less frequently studied.
- Demonstrates possible psychological universals while accounting for cultural influences on psychology and behavior.
- Critically considers theoretical and methodological issues, accurate interpretation of cross-cultural findings, and practical applications.
Introduces students to the role of culture in psychological science. Show more.