Pub Policy and Urban Affairs
PPUA 6505: Public Budgeting and Financial Management
Seminar - 4 credits
- Surveys governmental budgeting at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Surveys major revenue sources and expenditure responsibilities.
- Discusses budgetary processes and politics, as well as resulting policies.
- Considers both proposed and implemented reforms.
- Also introduces financial management practices including cash management, fund accounting, debt financing, endowment spending and control, cost allocation procedures, and tax expenditures.
Surveys governmental budgeting at the federal, state, and local levels. Show more.