PHYS 5260: Introduction to Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
Lecture - 4 credits
- Focuses on reviewing the basic scientific concepts relevant to this field and also gives a broad overview of the current state-of-the-art in research and technology.
- Nanotechnology promises to transform twenty-first century technology by exploiting phenomena exhibited by nanoscaled materials.
- This technology is expected to have significant impact in diverse areas such as computers, electronics, health, etc.
- Successful technological advancement of this field requires that we have a fundamental understanding of the “science” of these materials.
- This course comprises a series of lectures on various topics: development of nanofabrication methods, advanced microscopy techniques, fabrication of novel nanomaterials, investigation of their fundamental properties and device applications.
- Provides a strong introduction for students interested in nanoscience and technology.
Focuses on reviewing the basic scientific concepts relevant to this field and also gives a broad overview of the current state-of-the-art in research and technology. Show more.