PHTH 6200: Principles and History of Urban Health
Lecture - 3 credits
- Focuses on the aspects of urban development and life that impact the health and well-being of city residents.
- Offers students an opportunity to learn about the impact of migration patterns, built environments, occupational stratification, and other cultural and community contextual factors that impact health status and healthcare access.
- Examines the level of overall health and healthcare found in urban populations, particularly the urban poor, and the disproportionate impact on racial and ethnic minorities in the United States and elsewhere.
- Considers public policy approaches for addressing the unique health issues of urban areas.
- Examines urban health issues both from a national and international perspective.
- Requires permission of instructor for students outside designated programs.
Focuses on the aspects of urban development and life that impact the health and well-being of city residents. Show more.