PHMD 2100: Entrepreneurship in Health Sciences
Lecture - 4 credits
- Addresses principles and applications of entrepreneurship in the healthcare industry, focusing on healthcare ventures and technology.
- Explores different business organizations, including sole proprietorships, partnerships, corporations, joint ventures and not-for-profit enterprises.
- Such explorations offer students an opportunity to identify and evaluate business skills and commitment necessary to successfully operate an entrepreneurial venture and address the challenges and rewards of entrepreneurship.
- Considers the requirements, costs, and benefits of various forms of financial options open to entrepreneurs.
- Presentations and discussions are led by accomplished entrepreneurs and practitioners engaged in healthcare teaching, research, and business.
- Case studies identify the challenges and rewards of successful entrepreneurial ventures that set positive examples for budding entrepreneurs in leading change and innovation.
Addresses principles and applications of entrepreneurship in the healthcare industry, focusing on healthcare ventures and technology. Show more.