PHIL 2325: Ancient Philosophy and Political Thought
Lecture - 4 credits
- Examines the philosophers of classical Greece, primarily Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle.
- These philosophers examined the nature of the material world, of the city, and of the person.
- The course takes up both the moral and political writings as well as the metaphysical writings.
- Devotes considerable attention to major works such as Plato's Republic.
- Some time is given to early Greek philosophers, to the Sophists, and to later developments.
- Requires written analysis of philosophical texts.
- PHIL 2325 and POLS 2325 are cross-listed.
Examines the philosophers of classical Greece, primarily Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle. Show more.