PhD Experiential Leadership
PHDL 7666: Contextual Integration
Seminar - 0 credits
- Reflects on the manifestation of leadership styles, power and influence, and situational leadership observed through the Leadership Challenge.
- While executing the Challenge Project, students complete a series of self-directed modules providing opportunities for learning, growth, and interaction within their sponsoring organization.
- Modules include organizational leadership, leadership characteristics, developing project management skills, challenges to enhance leadership skills, report on experience and accomplishments, impact of academic research groups on external world, and vice versa.
- At the completion of their project and modules, students reflect on their development and accomplishments as part of a formal presentation to program faculty and fellow students.
- This presentation is available for incorporation into the student's PhD defense, and the accompanying report becomes a chapter in the student’s dissertation.
- Requires acceptance into the Experiential PhD Leadership Certificate program.
Reflects on the manifestation of leadership styles, power and influence, and situational leadership observed through the Leadership Challenge. Show more.