NRSG 6430: Neonatal Clinical Practicum 1
Off-campus instruction w/ lec - 4 credits
- Focuses on the skills necessary for management of the high-risk neonate and family.
- Students have the opportunity to provide direct care under the supervision of NNP preceptors in the hospital neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), responsible for daily management of a specified caseload of neonates and their families, including therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
- Supervised delivery room management of the high-risk neonate is expected, where available.
- Seeks to familiarize the student with respiratory distress syndrome, transient tachypnea, pneumonia, pulmonary hypertension, congenital heart disease, and patent ductus arteriosus, with appropriate management strategies.
- Requires students to practice in the clinical setting a minimum of twenty hours per week.
Focuses on the skills necessary for management of the high-risk neonate and family. Show more.