NRSG 5126: Pathophysiology for Advanced Practice
Lecture - 3 credits
- Covers content that provides current understanding of major disease processes across the life span.
- Builds on the knowledge of anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, microbiology, and immunology.
- Focuses on physiologic dysfunction; physiologic adaptation in maintaining the internal environment; and feedback mechanisms at the cellular, organ, and systems level.
- Seeks to provide students with a way of thinking about disease for each body system.
- Provides a comprehensive study of underlying concepts common to major pathophysiologic processes of the body, including specific diseases affecting the cardiovascular, endocrine, gastrointestinal, hematological, immunological, nervous, pulmonary, and renal systems.
Covers content that provides current understanding of major disease processes across the life span. Show more.