NRSG 5000: Advanced Perspectives in Wellness
Lecture - 4 credits
- Offers students an opportunity to explore wellness through both theoretical and experiential pathways.
- Introduces theories and models of holism, wellness, stress, health promotion, health belief, and change as operational frameworks by which the student has an opportunity to reflect upon personal history, health and risk-taking behaviors, and lifestyle choices that influence health and well-being.
- Studies the art and science of self-care through both the emic and etic perspectives.
- Course topics include holistic lifestyle and health analysis, behavioral change, decision making, and stress/stress reduction.
- Embodied learning methodologies inform course delivery.
Offers students an opportunity to explore wellness through both theoretical and experiential pathways. Show more.