Management Information Systems
MISM 6202: Foundations of Data Analysis for Business
Lecture - 3 credits
- Covers basic principles and techniques of descriptive and predictive analytics.
- What are the essential data analysis concepts underlying business analytics?
- Topics include descriptive statistics, data visualization, probability and modeling uncertainty, sampling, estimation and confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, analysis of variance, simple and multiple regression analysis, time-series analysis, and forecasting.
- Emphasizes an understanding of how these tools can support decision making and analytics initiatives in a business context with real-world examples and case studies.
- Uses various software packages for analyzing data sets and creating visualizations.
Covers basic principles and techniques of descriptive and predictive analytics. Show more.