Mech & Industrial Engineering
MEIE 4702: Capstone Design 2
Lecture - 5 credits
- Continues MEIE 4701.
- Students are expected to apply engineering principles acquired throughout their undergraduate academic and co-op experiences to the design of a system, component, or process.
- Each project includes the development and use of design methodology, formulation of design problem statements and specifications, consideration of alternative solutions, feasibility considerations, and detailed system descriptions.
- Projects include realistic constraints such as economic factors, safety, reliability, maintenance, aesthetics, ethics, and political and social impact.
- Students make oral presentations on their results in a series of design reviews.
- Students document their solutions using a written report that includes an executive summary.
- A working prototype or simulation, as appropriate, of their solution is required to complete the course.
Continues MEIE 4701. Show more.