ME 5695: Aerodynamics
Lecture - 4 credits
- Focuses on topics of practical importance in applications of fluid mechanics to external flows over bodies.
- Covers compressible flow analysis in order to use the concepts of sound speed and Mach number and to design subsonic and supersonic nozzles, diffusers, and airfoils.
- Introduces normal and oblique shock waves and the Prandtl-Meyer expansion applied to supersonic flows over bodies and surfaces.
- Discusses Rayleigh and Fanno flows.
- Studies and applies the Bernoulli equation and potential flow theory to external flow analyses and the theory of lift generation on airfoils.
Focuses on topics of practical importance in applications of fluid mechanics to external flows over bodies. Show more.