ME 2380: Thermodynamics
Lecture - 4 credits
- Defines and calculates thermodynamic properties such as energy, entropy, temperature, and pressure.
- Work and heat interactions are defined.
- The first and second laws of thermodynamics and concepts of thermodynamic equilibrium are introduced.
- Conservation of energy and mass and the entropy balance relation are discussed for open and closed systems.
- Irreversibility, energy, and the energy balance relation are introduced and applied in analyzing thermodynamic systems.
- Fundamentals of thermodynamics are used to model power generation and refrigeration systems.
- Covers thermodynamics of nonreacting gas mixtures with applications to air-water vapor mixtures for air-conditioning systems.
Defines and calculates thermodynamic properties such as energy, entropy, temperature, and pressure. Show more.