MATH 7339: Machine Learning and Statistical Learning Theory 2
Lecture - 4 credits
- Continues MATH 7243.
- Further covers theory and methods for regression and classification, along with more advanced topics in machine learning, statistical learning, and deep learning.
- Reviews the basics of machine learning in a broader and deeper way.
- Additional topics are drawn from smoothing methods, clustering, latent variable models, mixture models, Markov decision process and reinforcement learning, and neural networks.
- Discusses recent research papers on image classification and segmentation, generative adversarial network, neural style transfer, natural language processing, and topological data analysis.
- Uses theory, models, and algorithms to analyze a variety of datasets.
Continues MATH 7243. Show more.