MATH 4555: Complex Variables
Lecture - 4 credits
- Provides an introduction to the analysis of functions of a complex variable.
- Starting with the algebra and geometry of complex numbers, basic derivative and contour integral properties are developed for elementary algebraic and transcendental functions as well as for other analytic functions and functions with isolated singularities.
- Power and Laurent series representations are given.
- Classical integral theorems, residue theory, and conformal mapping properties are studied.
- Applications of harmonic functions are presented as time permits.
Provides an introduction to the analysis of functions of a complex variable. Show more.