MATH 1252: Calculus and Differential Equations for Biology 2
Lecture - 4 credits
- Continues MATH 1251.
- Begins with the integral calculus and proceeds quickly to more advanced topics in differential equations.
- Introduces linear algebra and uses matrix methods to analyze functions of several variables and to solve larger systems of differential equations.
- Advanced topics in reaction kinetics are covered.
- The integral and differential calculus of functions of several variables is followed by the study of numerical methods in integration and solutions of differential equations.
- Provides a short introduction to probability.
- Covers Taylor polynomials and infinite series.
- Special topics include reaction kinetics: Michaelis-Menten processes, tracer experiments, and inflow and outflow through membranes.
Continues MATH 1251. Show more.