MATH 1245: Calculus with Applications
Lecture - 4 credits
- Covers differential and integral calculus of one variable and an introduction to differential equations.
- Includes applications that show how calculus is used to solve problems in science.
- Also includes a group project related to a real-world problem in students' areas of study.
- The project involves a differential equation and compares the solution with experiment.
- Previous examples of projects include modeling of coral reefs, analysis of an epidemic using the data of the World Health Organization, analysis of a two-component kinetic model of drug concentration, and gate analysis of hip to knee experiment and comparison with the solution of the pendulum equation.
- Prior exposure to high-school-level calculus is recommended.
Covers differential and integral calculus of one variable and an introduction to differential equations. Show more.