IE 5617: Lean Concepts and Applications
Lecture - 4 credits
- Covers the fundamentals of lean thinking and how to apply this knowledge to practical problems.
- Lean thinking is imperative for organizations aspiring to stay competitive in global markets.
- It calls for process changes to eliminate waste, shorten product delivery time, improve product quality, and curtail costs, while improving customer satisfaction.
- Offers students an opportunity to learn concepts, a kit of process improvement tools, implementation methods, and best practices for lean workforce development.
- Makes extensive use of active learning exercises and simulations, and case studies from different disciplines, to help students learn how lean principles are applied in manufacturing and also in less traditional areas such as knowledge work and healthcare systems.
Covers the fundamentals of lean thinking and how to apply this knowledge to practical problems. Show more.