IE 4625: Facilities Planning and Material Handling
Lecture - 4 credits
- Explores engineering tools, techniques, and concepts for the design of facilities.
- The term facility is defined broadly.
- Industrial plants, schools, hospitals, or places in which things are produced or services are provided to a customer are all considered facilities.
- Provide students with a broad but practical understanding of the facilities planning and design process.
- The critical nature of material handling is discussed and approaches to designing optimal handling systems are examined.
- The tools of operations, research, statistical methods, and software applications are the focus of the problem-solving activities.
Explores engineering tools, techniques, and concepts for the design of facilities. Show more.