IE 3425: Engineering Database Systems
Lecture - 4 credits
- Examines the representation of data and its creation and management in engineering enterprises.
- Discusses the client/server model of database access.
- Presents the fundamentals of data modeling and management, data mining and warehousing, multitier applications, and the use of the SQL query language.
- Emphasizes the use and applications of database systems in engineering including design and manufacturing.
- Topics include design schema of tables, records and fields of databases, SQL statements, security issues, and the use of a scripting language such as Perl or Visual Basic.
Examines the representation of data and its creation and management in engineering enterprises. Show more.