HINF 6400: Introduction to Health Data Analytics
Lecture - 3 credits
- Introduces the field of health data analytics.
- Topics include understanding stakeholder needs; the variety of types of health data; software tools; as well as case studies from pharma, public health, electronic health records, claims data, and home-monitoring data.
- Emphasizes the importance of understanding the complexity and potential biases in how health data (direct or indirect) is collected and represented.
- Presents all data-analytic discussions within a context of health data and stakeholder information needs.
- Offers students an opportunity to practice presenting the results of analyses.
- Requires a basic knowledge of statistics.
Introduces the field of health data analytics. Show more.