Finance & Insurance
FINA 4420: Mergers and Acquisitions
Lecture - 4 credits
- Offers a practical, planning-based approach to managing the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) process.
- Analyzes how M&As create or destroy value; commonly used takeover tactics and defenses; M&A valuation techniques; alternative deal structures; and the financial, strategic, legal, and regulatory aspects of M&As.
- The first section covers how and when to apply the appropriate tools and skills to successfully complete a transaction.
- The second section offers students an opportunity to apply what has been learned to solve real-world business problems.
- Discusses all major elements of the acquisition process in the context of a logical process.
Offers a practical, planning-based approach to managing the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) process. Show more.