Finance & Insurance
FINA 4380: Financial Data Analytics
Lecture - 4 credits
- Introduces Python and its use as a financial data analytics tool.
- Python has gradually become one of the most widely used open-source, cross-platform programming languages.
- Covers the basics of programming in Python and key libraries (NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, etc.) used in data analytics.
- The second part of the course focuses on implementing various financial models in Python.
- Topics covered include but are not limited to single and multifactor portfolio models, portfolio theory and the efficient frontier, algorithmic trading, options and futures, value at risk, etc.
- May employ other programming languages in addition to or as a substitute for Python as the field evolves.
Introduces Python and its use as a financial data analytics tool. Show more.