Cardiopulmonary & Exercise Sci
EXSC 5210: Physical Activity and Exercise: Prescription, Measurement, and Testing
Lecture - 3 credits
- Studies the general principles of physical activity and exercise prescription, measurement, and testing.
- Offers students an opportunity to learn the fundamental concepts and techniques to measure physical activity, exercise, and related testing procedures through a hands-on approach.
- Topics include the use of questionnaires and activity monitors to measure physical activity; measurement of body composition, fitness, muscular strength, and endurance; and clinical exercise testing.
- The fundamental concepts of exercise prescription and use of measurement techniques taught in this course are applicable to careers in physical therapy, exercise physiology, and as a physician assistant.
- Requires prior completion of EXSC 4500 or equivalent undergraduate course or permission of instructor.
Studies the general principles of physical activity and exercise prescription, measurement, and testing. Show more.