English as Scnd Lng - CPS Spec
ESLG 0550: Research and Writing for Graduate School
Lecture - 5 credits
- Addresses formal investigation as one of the primary means of creating knowledge.
- Examines philosophical issues underpinning the nature of knowledge claims, the relationship of knowledge to evidence, and techniques of gathering and interpreting evidence.
- Analyzes the purposes of research; the methods of quantitative, qualitative, and mixed research; and the processes involved in research studies.
- Offers students an opportunity to conduct a research project in small groups by selecting a topic from a relevant area of study, designing a research proposal, reviewing relevant literature, and presenting methodology and conclusions in written form.
- Restricted to Global Pathways students only.
Addresses formal investigation as one of the primary means of creating knowledge. Show more.