Earth & Environmental Sciences
ENVR 5700: Streams and Watershed Ecology
Off-campus instruction w/ lec - 4 credits
- Studies the physical, chemical, and biological processes in streams and surrounding watersheds.
- Explores the hydrology, structure, function, and biota of running waters and the landscape that supports them.
- Examines current and relevant issues in stream science and policy, including natural and anthropogenic disturbance, climate change, and management and restoration techniques in stream systems.
- Provides broad foundational knowledge on stream science, which offers students an opportunity to learn experimental techniques and employ them in the field.
- The first half of the course consists of lecture and discussion, while the second half is taught principally in the field.
Studies the physical, chemical, and biological processes in streams and surrounding watersheds. Show more.