Earth & Environmental Sciences
ENVR 1500: Introduction to Environmental, Social, and Biological Data
Lecture - 4 credits
- Introduces the fundamental concepts in the fields of environmental, social, and biological science.
- Studies the expertise needed in each discipline to organize and manage data in sustainability science.
- The first half of the course covers data collection relevant to pressing issues in sustainability, database organization, coding, and finding errors in data sets.
- The second half of the course covers basic principles in the statistical analysis of data sets used in conservation and sustainability, including simulating data, machine learning, and errors in analysis.
- Offers hands-on experience through students' own data collection projects.
- Appropriate for students interested in biology, marine biology, environmental science, and ecology and evolutionary biology.
- Designed to prepare students for co-ops and upper-level classes in these fields.
Introduces the fundamental concepts in the fields of environmental, social, and biological science. Show more.