Entrepreneurship & Innovation
ENTR 3520: Impact Investing and Social Finance
Lecture - 4 credits
- Explores impact investing, a transformative way to work with money to achieve a more inclusive and sustainable economy.
- Large investors are entering the world of impact investing, a rapidly emerging space where social and ecological effects of finance are championed over maximizing shareholder value.
- New investment vehicles such as social impact bonds and Web exchanges are changing the role of financing institutions to better serve the needs of low-income populations around the world.
- Applies interdisciplinary frameworks, tools, and cases, with hands-on teamwork and guest speakers, to critically examine the field.
- Offers students an opportunity to learn to develop and test concepts that integrate social responsibility, sustainability, and mutual accountability into current financial and economic systems while expanding social capital markets.
Explores impact investing, a transformative way to work with money to achieve a more inclusive and sustainable economy. Show more.