ENSY 5050: Fundamentals of Thermal Science 1
Lecture - 4 credits
- Introduces and reviews thermodynamic properties such as temperature, pressure, energy, enthalpy, and entropy.
- Defines work and heat interactions and calculates the amount of energy transferred during thermodynamic processes.
- Introduces the first and second laws of thermodynamics and concepts of thermodynamic equilibrium.
- Discusses mass, energy, and entropy balance relations as well as conversion devices, such as turbine, compressors, pumps, valves, and energy exchangers.
- Studies simple power plants, refrigeration, heat (energy) pumps, and stationary gas turbine systems.
- Presents and reviews fundamentals of calculus, such as limit, differentiation, integration, power series, vector spaces, and multivariable functions needed for thermodynamic analysis.
Introduces and reviews thermodynamic properties such as temperature, pressure, energy, enthalpy, and entropy. Show more.