ENGW 1114: First-Year Writing with Service-Learning
Lecture - 4 credits
- Offers students an opportunity, in a workshop setting, to study and practice writing.
- Hands-on experience shapes the students’ practice of writing, and writing projects meet specific community needs.
- Students read a range of texts in order to describe and evaluate the choices writers make and apply that knowledge to their own writing.
- Covers how to conduct research using primary and secondary sources and apply that knowledge in service-learning-focused settings.
- Studies how to write for various purposes and audiences in multiple genres and media, how to give and receive feedback, how to revise work, and how to reflect on growth as a writer.
Offers students an opportunity, in a workshop setting, to study and practice writing. Show more.