EMGT 6225: Economic Decision Making
Lecture - 4 credits
- Explores economic modeling and analysis techniques for selecting alternatives from potential solutions to an engineering problem.
- Considers measures of merit, such as present worth, annual worth, rate of return, and benefit/cost techniques.
- Examines recent techniques of economic analysis, especially the tools of decision making.
- Explores decisions under uncertainty.
- Studies the causes of risk and uncertainty, and examines ways to change and influence the degree of risk and uncertainty through sensitivity analysis, expectation-variance criterion, decision tree analysis, statistical decision techniques, and multiple attribute decision making through group case studies.
Explores economic modeling and analysis techniques for selecting alternatives from potential solutions to an engineering problem. Show more.