Ecology, Evolutn & Marine Biol
EEMB 6465: Ecological and Conservation Genomics
Lecture - 4 credits
- Provides an overview of ecological and evolutionary genomics.
- Covers foundational mathematical concepts in population in quantitative genetics, from individual loci up to whole genomes.
- Concepts covered include Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium, F statistics, signatures of natural selection in genomes and methods for detecting them, analysis of quantitative genetic evolution, hybridization, and gene expression.
- Also covers modern statistical methods used to analyze genomic data using the free and open source R programming environment.
- Builds knowledge through reading of the primary literature and advanced problem sets.
- The final project requires students to complete a novel data analysis of an open source genomics data set and write a research paper.
Provides an overview of ecological and evolutionary genomics. Show more.