Electrical and Comp Engineerng
EECE 4574: Wireless Communication Circuits
Lecture - 4 credits
- Covers the electronics of radio receivers and transmitters.
- Employs a commercial radio transceiver (MFJ-9340) as a learning tool.
- Presents basic topics (radio spectrum and its utilization, antennae, and information processing by modulation and demodulation).
- Studies building block realizations for modulators and demodulators for analog (AM, FM) and digital (ASK, PSK, FSK) radio.
- Covers common radio receiver architectures.
- Presents circuit-level designs of radio building blocks (resonators; L-C RF filters; crystals and IF filters; tuned transformers and impedance matching; amplifiers and power amplifiers; RF oscillators; mixers and up/down frequency conversion; signal detectors; and automatic gain control circuits).
- Includes receiver noise and sensitivity; transmitter range; spurious emissions and IM distortion; antennae and propagation in the atmosphere; wireless standards; multiple-access techniques; and software-defined radio.
- May include additional topics at instructor’s discretion.
Covers the electronics of radio receivers and transmitters. Show more.