Electrical and Comp Engineerng
EECE 4512: Healthcare Technologies: Sensors, Systems, and Analysis
Lecture - 4 credits
- Examines healthcare technologies using both theory and hands-on approaches.
- Testing, imaging, and data collection are essential tools medical specialists use to treat patients and the primary contribution of engineers to healthcare.
- Covers the physics and physiology behind the newly defined concept of digital biomarkers; the electronics needed to collect these biomarkers; analysis techniques for processing and interpreting the data; and invasive (swallowable/implantable), on-body (wearable), and contactless systems for data collection.
- Examines safety issues, ethics, and regulatory hurdles from both an industry and research perspective.
- In the hands-on labs, offers students an opportunity to follow the steps of creating a startup or conducting new research and assembling a microcontroller-based sensor system for collecting digital biomarkers.
Examines healthcare technologies using both theory and hands-on approaches. Show more.