Electrical and Comp Engineerng
EECE 2530: Fundamentals of Electromagnetics
Lecture - 4 credits
- Introduces electromagnetics and high-frequency applications.
- Topics include transmission lines: transmission line model with distributed circuit elements, transmission line equations and solutions, one-dimensional traveling and standing waves, and applications; electromagnetic field theory: Lorentz force equations, Maxwell’s equations, Poynting theorem, and application to the transmission line’s TEM waves.
- Also studies uniform plane wave propagation along a coordinate axis and along an arbitrary direction; equivalent transmission lines for TEM, TE, and TM waves; reflection and refraction of uniform plane waves by conducting and dielectric surfaces.
- Discusses applications to wave guides, resonators, optical fibers, and radiation and elementary antennas.
- Introduces modern techniques (computational methods) and applications (optics, bioelectromagnetics, and electromagnetic effects in high-speed digital circuits).
Introduces electromagnetics and high-frequency applications. Show more.