ECON 6105: Advanced Mathematics and Statistics for Economists
Lecture - 4 credits
- Covers the fundamental quantitative methods in economics.
- The first part of the course focuses on the role of mathematical models in economics, the applications of linear algebra, multivariate calculus, and static optimization theory.
- Studies statistics in the second part of the course, and offers students an opportunity to learn how to apply proper methods of empirical testing in economics.
- Additionally, introduces the statistical language R to equip students to complete most of the assignments in statistics.
- This is an advanced graduate course.
Covers the fundamental quantitative methods in economics. Show more.