ECON 5291: Applied Development
Lecture - 4 credits
- Focuses on major macroeconomics policy questions for developing countries in an open economy context.
- Approaches these policy issues from a political economy perspective on macroeconomics.
- Combines theoretical foundations with institutional analysis and empirical evidence.
- Begins by developing a macroeconomic framework to analyze short-term macroeconomic adjustment and concludes with long-term growth, emphasizing the effects of financial integration and capital account regulations on macroeconomic performance in developing countries.
- Empirical data and country experiences help assess the validity of theoretical propositions and explain the complexity of development trajectories.
- Requires previous coursework in macroeconomic theory.
Focuses on major macroeconomics policy questions for developing countries in an open economy context. Show more.