ECON 1291: Development Economics
Lecture - 4 credits
- Explores social and economic development around the world.
- Topics include income, poverty, inequality, human development, geography, growth, impact evaluation, health, education, financial markets, trade, and gender inequality.
- Analyzes four key elements of economic development: income, poverty, inequality, and human development.
- Offers students an opportunity to understand the determinants of economic growth.
- Focuses on major policy issues concerning health, education, credit, savings, gender differences, and globalization.
- Studies which interventions worked and which did not.
- Exposes students to readings and perspectives from several academic disciplines.
- Emphasizes one unifying methodological theme: the usefulness of empirical economic tools in assessing the arguments presented in debates about development.
Explores social and economic development around the world. Show more.