ECON 1245: Economics of Inequality
Lecture - 4 credits
- Introduces inequality from an economic perspective.
- Studies how inequality relates to scarcity, appropriability, and inheritability.
- Discusses how taxation, economic growth, globalization, and technological progress affect inequality.
- Emphasizes the difference between inequality of economic outcomes and inequality of economic opportunity.
- Covers inequality in sectors such as housing, healthcare, labor market, and others.
- Discusses alternative empirical methods for measuring inequality, and presents economic policies designed to address it.
Introduces inequality from an economic perspective. Show more.