DS 4300: Large-Scale Information Storage and Retrieval
Lecture - 4 credits
- Introduces data and information storage approaches for structured and unstructured data.
- Covers how to build large-scale information storage structures using distributed storage facilities.
- Explores data quality assurance, storage reliability, and challenges of working with very large data volumes.
- Studies how to model multidimensional data.
- Implements distributed databases.
- Considers multitier storage design, storage area networks, and distributed data stores.
- Applies algorithms, including graph traversal, hashing, and sorting, to complex data storage systems.
- Considers complexity theory and hardness of large-scale data storage and retrieval.
- Requires use of nonrelational, document, key-column, key-value, and graph databases and programming in R, Python, and C++.
Introduces data and information storage approaches for structured and unstructured data. Show more.