DA 5030: Introduction to Data Mining/Machine Learning
Seminar - 4 credits
- Introduces the fundamental techniques for data mining, combining elements from CS 6140 and CS 6220.
- Discusses several basic learning algorithms, such as regression and decision trees, along with popular data types, implementation and execution, and analysis of results.
- Lays the data analytics program foundation of how learning models from data work, both algorithmically and practically.
- The coding can be done in R, Matlab or Python.
- Students must demonstrate ability to set up data for learning, training, testing, and evaluating.
Introduces the fundamental techniques for data mining, combining elements from CS 6140 and CS 6220. Show more.