CS 5200: Database Management Systems
Lecture - 4 credits
- Introduces relational database management systems as a class of software systems.
- Prepares students to be sophisticated users of database management systems.
- Covers design theory, query language, and performance/tuning issues.
- Topics include relational algebra, SQL, stored procedures, user-defined functions, cursors, embedded SQL programs, client-server interfaces, entity-relationship diagrams, normalization, B-trees, concurrency, transactions, database security, constraints, object-relational DBMSs, and specialized engines such as spatial, text, XML conversion, and time series.
- Includes exercises using a commercial relational or object-relational database management system.
Introduces relational database management systems as a class of software systems. Show more.