CS 5150: Game Artificial Intelligence
Lecture - 4 credits
- Offers an overview of classical and modern approaches to artificial intelligence in digital games.
- Focuses on the creation of believable agents and environments with the goal of providing a fun and engaging experience to a player.
- Covers player modeling, procedural content generation, behavior trees, interactive narrative, decision-making systems, cognitive modeling, and path planning.
- Explores different approaches for behavior generation, including learning and rule-based systems.
- Requires students to complete several individual assignments in these areas to apply the concepts covered in class.
- Students choose a group final project, which requires a report, to explore one aspect of artificial intelligence for games in further depth.
- Offers students an opportunity to learn team management and communication.
- Requires knowledge of algorithms and experience with object-oriented design or functional programming.
Offers an overview of classical and modern approaches to artificial intelligence in digital games. Show more.