CS 5010: Programming Design Paradigm
Lecture - 4 credits
- Introduces modern program design paradigms.
- Starts with functional program design, introducing the notion of a design recipe.
- The latter consists of two parts: a task organization (ranging from the description of data to the creation of a test suite) and a data-oriented approach to the organization of programs (ranging from atomic data to self-referential data definitions and functions as data).
- The course then progresses to object-oriented design, explaining how it generalizes and contrasts with functional design.
- In addition to studying program design, students also have an opportunity to practice pair-programming and public code review techniques, as found in industry today.
Introduces modern program design paradigms. Show more.