CS 4850: Building Game Engines
Lecture - 4 credits
- Discusses the components of game engines and strategies for their software implementation.
- Includes graphics management algorithms (animation, scene graph, level of detail); basic artificial intelligence algorithms (search, decision making, sensing); and related algorithmic issues (networking, threading, input processing).
- Explores the use of data-driven software design.
- Offers students an opportunity to use a rendering engine and to build and integrate several software components to create a complete game engine.
- Requires students to work on several individual assignments to apply the algorithms and then develop a project in a team.
- Offers students an opportunity to learn team/project management; work division; team communication; and the software development cycle of implementation, testing, critique, and further iteration.
- Students who do not meet course prerequisites may seek permission of instructor.
Discusses the components of game engines and strategies for their software implementation. Show more.